Friday, August 10, 2007

Comics Professionsals Say Stupid Things, Part 1

You may have noticed that, from time to time, comics professionals say stupid things. Usually, this involves hyperbole in promoting a project that passes into the absurd. I think it important, in such cases, to attempt to restore a little sanity to the world.

The following is taken from a Newsarama interview with Robert Kirkman, talking about his upcoming Killraven project with Rob Liefeld:

RK: I'll speak for Rob a little here - I think Rob and I are both guys who really like doing new stuff.

Oh, really? Rob Liefeld likes doing new stuff? What gave you that impression? X-Force? Youngblood? Onslaught Reborn? Do you think that perhaps-just hear me out here, Robert- that the vast majority of Liefeld's work has been more of the same, over and over, and that all the "new characters" you credit him for always coming up with are just rehashes of what he's already done?

No, wait, I take that back-- I've seen Rob's Extreme Bible Sketches. No other mind could spawn that.

No comments: